Around the world, formulators rely on Huntsman’s SUPRASEC® MDI to enhance the manufacture and performance of adhesives for an array of end uses, including:
- Continuous panel lamination;
- Industrial adhesives;
- Rubber crumb;
- Structural wood adhesives.
Adhesives based on Huntsman Polyurethanes’ technology bond an extensive range of materials and resist a wide variety of adverse physical conditions and chemical environments. Their versatility makes them a raw material of choice for the formulation of sealants, rubber crumb, panel laminating, flexible packaging or reactive hot melt adhesives.
Polyurethane-based wood adhesives: Polyurethane products are well known for their strength and versatility in structural wood adhesive applications. They offer many technical and engineering advantages including:
- Exceptionally strong bonding of wood and superior ageing properties;
- Adaptable curing speeds that can be fine tuned to suit fast and slow cure assembly techniques;
- Good, deep wetting and uniform penetration properties creating a large bonding interface;
- Excellent reactivity with water naturally occurring in wood, creating strong crosslinks that add to overall adhesive strength.